- We are dedicated to give our guests the best experience available, and we put our personal honour in doing just that.
- We`ll hunt the Northern lights all night if we have to, and we also have warm suits, overboots, a bonfire, water, tea, hot chocolate, homebaked cake and the famous "magical Aurora vegetable soup" & other snacks for you.
- We also take a picture of you for you to keep afterwards, and if you have a camera suited for aurora photos, we will show you tips & tricks so you can capture this magic in the sky the best way possible. Tripods are available, so you don`t have to bring one with you. You will also recive professional pictures from the tour on e-mail afterwards, for free of course.
- The trip starts at 7 PM and could take from 6 hours to 8 hours, maybe longer, since the most important thing is to find the light. Price for this (all included) is 1400 Nkr. We`ll pick you up outside the tourist information office in the city of Tromsø at 7:00 PM the day of the trip. We drop you off at your hotel after the tour (only valid for hotels within the city limits). Payment is done on booking (we use Paypal).
- We keep our groups small; maximum 8 guests on each tour. This is to ensure that each and every one of our guests get the best attention and service available from us. We drive a VW Transporter with 9 seats, especially buildt to ensure safety and comfort for our guests. We can go where the "big buses" can`t go, to find the best locations for viewing the Northern Lights :)
- We have a transport licence and permit from Troms County Council and the police, to be a legal tour operator and transport passengers on northern lights and other natural trips. For your own safety: ALWAYS check that your company runs legit and have these permits!
You will be guided on your hunt by the most dedicated guide in Tromsø, Dan. He is the CEO and founder of the company, with several years behind him in the Norwegian army as an officer. In the summer he work as Sea kayak instructor, photographer and nature/culture guide, arranging courses and tours at Sommarøy outside Tromsø. But as soon as the Aurora fills the sky, he hang up his paddle and concentrate on giving you the best Aurora experience available.
Listen to the lights
One thing is to see the spectacular Aurora, another thing is to hear it! While most of us will never hear the aurora borealis directly, there’s help out there in the form of a little handheld radio. It’s called a VLF receiver, and Arctic Experience is the first company ever to integrate this on their tours.
This handheld device converts very low frequency radio waves produced from the interaction of the solar electrons and protons with the Earth’s magnetic field into sounds you can listen to with a speaker connected. If we encounter a lot of Aurora, we`ll pull out the receiver and let you listen to the sound of the magic in the sky. PS: This will not disturb those of you who wish to enjoy the sight in silence; we will of course be discreet and move away to avoid interruption!
For more info, terms & conditions and booking calendar, please visit our Webreserv page HERE,or use the link to the right on this page.
For other questions, please contact us on Post(a)ArcticX.no
Hunting the Light
Join us on a hunt for the magical Northern Lights. We go as far as we need, to give you the best experience. We keep it small; No more that 8 guests on each hunt, to ensure that you`ll recieve the best service and personal attention available.Let our knowledge and dedication create your memories.