What we do
- We are dedicated to give our guests the best experience available, and we put our personal honour in doing just that.
- We`ll hunt the Northern lights all night if we have to, and we also have warm suits, overboots, a bonfire, coffee/tea/hot soup and snacks for you.
- We also take a picture of you for you to keep afterwards, and if you have a camera suited for aurora photos, we will show you tips & tricks so you can capture this magic in the sky the best way possible.
- The trip starts at 7 PM and could take from 6 hours to 8 hours, maybe longer, since the most important thing is to find the light. Price for this (all included) is 1300 Nkr.
We`ll pick you up outside the tourist information office in the city of Tromsø at 7:00 PM the day of the trip. We drop you off at your hotel after the tour (only valid for hotels within the city limits). Payment is done on booking (we use Paypal).
- We are two guides, and we keep our groups small; maximum 7 guests on each tour. This is to ensure that each and every one of our guests get the best attention and service available from us. We drive a VW Transporter with 9 seats, especially buildt to ensure safety and comfort for our guests. We can go where the "big buses" can`t go, to find the best locations for viewing the Northern Lights :)
- We have a transport licence and permit from Troms County Council and the police, to be a legal tour operator and transport passengers on northern lights and other natural trips.
You will be guided on your hunt by two of the most dedicated guides in Tromsø. Dan is the CEO and founder of the company, with several years behind him in the Norwegian army as an officer, while Øyvind is second in command and a professional photographer, with Aurora photos as his speciality. In the summer they work as Sea kayak instructors and guides, arranging courses and tours at Sommarøy outside Tromsø, but as soon as the Aurora fills the sky, they hang up their paddles and concentrate on giving you the best Aurora experience available.
Listen to the lights
One thing is to see the spectacular Aurora, another thing is to hear it!
While most of us will never hear the aurora borealis directly, there’s help out there in the form of a little handheld radio. It’s called a VLF receiver, and Arctic Experience is the first company ever to integrate this on their tours.
This handheld device converts very low frequency radio waves produced from the interaction of the solar electrons and protons with the Earth’s magnetic field into sounds you can listen to with a speaker connected. If we encounter a lot of Aurora, we`ll pull out the receiver and let you listen to the sound of the magic in the sky.
PS: This will not disturb those of you who wish to enjoy the sight in silence; we will of course be discreet and move away to avoid interruption!
Read more about it here: Listen to the Aurora
For more info, terms & conditions and booking calendar, please visit our Webreserv page HERE, or use the link to the right on this page.
For other questions, please contact us on